Thursday, May 7, 2009

Prepare for the outcomes of the decisions you make!

I have heard a lot of turning points in my life....but the greatest turning point was when my Dad was imprisoned.

My perspective on life and people changed...Life taught me to be independent and decision making and people taught me how not to trust.

I was 15 years old at that time when i started making decisions that not only affected me but the whole family too.
I got a job at the construction of the owen falls dam extension. I was excited that i was going to earn my own money. My first day at the job,
was not as expected, i had very high expectations but they were all shattered. The job was very manual and required a lot of energy. Each day i had to dig meters of trenches for erecting pavements.

The murram was very hard that by a single hit on the road, my palms started bleeding. I thought the day would not end but it did.

After working tirelessly for a week i declined going back to work. When my mum asked why i was not at work, i replied.." i don't want to work anymore". She asked, how will we leave if you do not work! Your others brothers and sisters are too young to work.

I kept quiet, thinking about the response which i did not have at that time. The whole day i thought about my young brothers and sisters.....i started thinking about what would happen to them if i do not work...

I started picturing them going for days without food, missing classes and i did not allow myself to think of what would happen after. The following day at exactly 7:00 am i was at work. Ever since that day i learnt that its easy to make decisions that only affect you but not decisions that affect others. The greatest lesson out if it, is that when you make a decision, you also choose the outcomes. So
Whichever decision you make good or bad, know that you have chosen the outcomes too (good or bad) and you are also responsible for the outcomes.

No comments: