Saturday, January 19, 2008

A stone throw in to southern sudan

Believe it or not i am in Arua,its in west nile region in Uganda.its a very busy city contrary to what i thought.

I had to seat in abus for close to 5 hours to get here.On my way i noticed that people are reconstructing the war torn areas,my eyes could not miss the small towns that had 10 people in one area with a church,school and clinic surroundung them.The houses are so distant.

The people are very friendly and smilig despite their past history.Business is booming given the fact that its close to Juba which is every Business Man's dream.

Sudanese cross over to lira easily to get foods and other essentials and this makes the prices soar high.

The language is amazing,they speak very fast with alot of emphasis.I am tempted to think that they are quarelling even if they are having a cordial freindly conversation.

Power cuts here are part of the days schedule and theyu are blaming it on the crisis in Kenya,i donot know how?.Its making life hard for me because i have nothing to do apart from working 0n my laptop and listening to a collection of music i have ranging from
Rwandese,UTAKE,slows,RnB,Old skool and all the other genres.

I am so fatique coz of the long distances that i have been travelling since tuesday.For me its fun seeing new faces and culture but rquires adaptability and adventure!Its fun being here and now that i have an appointment in the next 1 hr i need to go eat some kalo,rush back to my hotel (california Hotel) and hit the road.So catch you then,probably i will be in Masindi.

No comments: